Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Exodus 3:1-6, Thoughts from Exodus (2)

0301   Horeb is the mountain of God (Sinai, v12).  Moriah is the mountain of the Lord.

0302   3:2,6: again, the Angel of the LORD is God!

0306   Moses was afraid to look upon God.  Is this the same response of Adam and Eve?  It is shame?  Or is it reverence, fear, awe?

0308   This is the goodness God desired to give to the Israelites.  But they had become happy in Egypt, blessed there by God.  Not until they suffered did they want to be free of Egypt.  Too often I don’t experience the goodness of God because I am happy where I am.  Suffering is one way God has of elevating our lives.

0309   3:9-10: First God must “create” a leader, a long process.  Then He will make Israel a nation.  Leadership is a priority with God, whether in Israel or in the Body of Christ.

0310   3:10-12: I have not been asked to do my best but to be an instrument in God’s hand!  God wants to do it, His work, His way, through me if and as He wills.  The promise we have is: I will be with you!

0311 Moses’ excuses:

1. Who am I? 3:11

2. What shall I say? 3:13.  Who sent me?  What is my authority?  God had already visited the people of Israel in Egypt (3:16); He knew their situation and cared for them.

3. What if they don’t believe me? 4:1

4. I am not eloquent. 4:10

5. Please send someone else. 4:13

0312   Moses started here, at Mt. Sinai.  When he returns here later it would be significant.  Even as with Jacob and Bethel.  Jacob started his walk with God in a dream at Bethel, and heard the promise of God’s care.  When he returned to Bethel it was to worship the LORD.  Moses hears God at the burning bush, and has the certainty of His call and promise to be with him.  When he returns the plagues will be over, the crossing of the Red Sea, and Egypt will be getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror.  It will be a place to reflect with thanksgiving on God’s goodness (Ex. 18:8-12).

0314 I AM, self-existent.  A requirement to be Creator.  Jesus is I AM, John 8:58,24,28.  We have more to share on this in the next post.  What a rich and powerful point Moses was at, when God revealed Himself in such a way.

 

No comments: