Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Romans 8, How can I love as God loves?


Romans 8...
This chapter tells where I will find the power to live obediently, to love as God has loved me.
a)   First, 8:1-4, there is a freedom in Christ who has fulfilled the law in my place.  There is no                                !

b)   Second, 8:5-11, the key for me is where I “set my mind.”

i)     The “things” of the Spirit are found in the word of God, the Bible.  In the following passages how if the Bible said to empower us for spiritual growth?
(1) 2 Tim 3:16-17:  
(2) Hebrews 4:12-13:  
(3) Romans 15:4; 1 Cor 10:6:  

ii)    The “things” of the Spirit are then used by the Holy Spirit to empower us to live the Christ-life, the Christian life.  What does the Spirit do according to Romans 8?
(1) 8:12-13:
(2) 8:14-17:
(3) 8:18-25:
(Note how the Spirit’s role in v23 fits the entire paragraph.)
(4) 8:26-27:
c)   Finally, what two great assurances can we count on as we walk with Christ each day?
i)     8:28-30:

ii)    8:31-39:

2)   Application:
As we continue to study “love” in 1 Cor. 13:4-7 let us remember that application in any issue of spiritual growth begins in the truths of Rom. 6-8.  Who are you in Christ?  Are you living under law (and thus defeated) or under grace (setting your mind on the things of the Spirit)?

No comments: