Monday, October 11, 2010


Just a short note (I thinnk) to let you know we have made it to Zaporozhye. We flew from Tel Aviv to Amman, Jordan then on to Kiev. We were met by a young man, Vadeem. After a rather interesting drive (although nothing near as interesting as the drive to the train station) through Kiev we arrived at the home of his mother, Svetlana. Many of you know the people of whom I speak. Her husband Viktor passed away this last January. Sveta is having a hard time and will probably try to sell her home this summer. Yes, that is a prayer request.

We arrived at the train station in time to catch the Zaporozhye train. We had a cabin with all 4 beds purchased by us. Suitcases stashed we went to bed immediately (even after 2 weeks I don't think we are over the jetlag completely). I think we both slept well considering how noisy and "moving" the trains are here.

Arrived in Zap at 6:25A, met by Volodya who is again driving full time for the school. He took us to our apartment where I had time to shower before a quick breakfast (thanks Brenda) & off to school by 8A for devotions and first class at 8:30A. I have 7 students you see the pix with Jane, my translator), a little larger than I had thought ... including 2 "sisters". Classes are over for the day and I'm saying I think it went well.

Check facebook for a few pix. Pray for the Holy Spirit to have a good grip on my mind & heart, that I might be yielded to the Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for Cindy. She spent the day in or near the apartment. It's a different one that we have ever had so the neighborhood is a little unfamiliar. But I'm hoping she ventured out, exchanged $ for hryevna, and picked up some groceries. We are staying again with Brenda from the Chicago area who is teaching also.

No comments: