Thursday, January 3, 2019

Meditating on the God who Cares for Us

Today we have a number of passages for meditation that speak of God as our Helper.  May we be emboldened to cast our cares upon Him (1 Peter 5:7)!

            1. Deuteronomy 33:26-27 “There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to help you, And in His excellency on the clouds. 27 The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’

            2.       Psalm 33:18  Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy,

            3.       Psalm 34:15  The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.

            4.       Psalm 103:13-14  As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him. 14 For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

            5.       Psalm 142:4-5  Look on my right hand and see, For there is no one who acknowledges me; Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul. 5 I cried out to You, O Lord: I said, “You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.

            6.       Isa. 40:31: But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength ...

            7.       Isaiah 46:4 “ Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

            8.       Zechariah 2:8  For thus says the Lord of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.

            9.       Matthew 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

            10.     Mark 4:38  But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”

            11.     Luke 12:30-32 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. 32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

            12.     John 10:13-15 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14. I am the good shepherd ... 15. I lay down My life for the sheep.

            13. Psalm 121:1-2: I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help?  My help comes from the LORD who made heaven and earth.

            14. Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

            15. Hebrews 13:5-6: Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.  So we may boldly say: The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

No comments: