Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Hiding Place



(The following lines were written by Major Andre just before his execution as a British spy during the war of the revolution.  It was on the back of Dad's message #79 entitled "The Christian and Sin" which has been included on p23 of this booklet - April 27, 2016 in this Blog.)

Hail, Sovereign love, which first began
The scheme to rescue fallen man!
Hail, matchless, free eternal grace,
Which gave my soul a hiding place.

Against the God who build the sky
I fought with hands uplifted high,
Despised the mention of His grace,
Too proud to seek a hiding place.

Ere long a heavenly voice I heard
And mercy's angel soon appeared;
He led me in a placid pace,
To Jesus as a hiding place.

On Him Almighty vengeance fell,
Which must have sunk a world to hell;
He bore it for a sinful race,
And thus became their hiding place.

Should sevenfold storms of thunder roll,
And shake this globe from pole to pole,
No thunder bolt shall daunt my face,
For Jesus is my hiding place.

A hiding place, a hiding place,
Jesus is my hiding place.

No comments: