Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday Sep 29 was great. Besides getting to know Tiberias a little better our primary visits were to 2 Israeli Nat'l Parks: Tabor (Mt Tabor) & Tel Megiddo. Tabor is the traditional site for the transfiguration. Great views from the top in all directions. It sits at one edge of the Plain of Esdraelon (Jezreel, Valley of Armageddon or Valley of the Mount of Mediggo). From Megiddo great views of the entire valley and Nazareth, Mt Tabor, Mt Moreh, the mountains of Gilboa. Anyway, we also got a few pix of Nain where Jesus raised the widows little boy.
Looking forward to tomorrow in Haifa and meeting Daniel and Christy DeLeon & family (Christy is Carol Wms grand-daughter ... more on that when we get home).
It's hot here! Reminds me of Imperial Valley. But it is so productive. We saw cotton fields, olive orchards, corn fields, and a whole bunch of other things growing. And I had 2 pieces of herring for breakfast, one in oil, onew in water and other spices. I'm not much for raw or cold fish; and sure enough, this was pretty good all day long!
Now time to try to put some pix on Facebook. God bless in Christ!

2 comments:

John Ward said...

I think I may have figured out how to post a comment on your blog...we'll see if this works! This is from the email I sent you the other day:

Hi Ron and Cindy!
I typed a long (for me) comment on your blogspot, but was unable to send it because I was unable to create a Google account, and I gave up after 3 unsuccessful attempts. Too bad, I wanted to be the first to post a comment. Actually, Debbie would have been first, but she, too, was thwarted by having to create a Google account. Our comments were erased when we got back to the blog, so for now we'll have to communicate with you via email, and no one will be able to read our witty reparte! Sorry! Actually, maybe others have had the same problem, which is why there are no comments, at least as of 8:00 am Wed 9/29. We pray for a safe, healthy and fun trip for you both, and that actually seeing the historical sites in Israel that you've read about your entire life will make the Bible come alive in a whole new way!
John (and Debbie) Ward
Did you get this? Looking forward to your continued updates and pics. Can you post pics on this blog as well as Facebook, since I don't use Facebook, though Debbie does?
John

Ron Youde said...

Yes, John. Got the comment. Thanks. I have put 2 pix on the Blog now but most are on Facebook. Just log on to Debbie's page. :) We are having a great, busy, tiring, hot, exciting time.