Saturday, May 4, 2024

2 Cor. 10:14-11:4, Pure and Simple Devotion to Christ (2)

We are continuing with passages for meditation, now in the New Testament.

1)    The Gospels.

a)    Mt. 6:24: No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve God and mammon.

b)    Matt. 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

c)    Matt. 10:34-39: This passage includes this … “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me.  And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.  And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Mt.  He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.  (See also Mt. 16:24-25.)

2)    The Epistles.

a)    Rom. 12:1-2: … present your bodies unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world but be transformed, by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

b)    Gal. 5:1-2: Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery … if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you.

c)    Gal. 6:14: May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

d)    Eph. 6:24: Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

e)    Phil. 1:20-21: I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed but will have sufficient courage so that now, as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

f)     Phil. 3:7-11,14: But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.  Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, my any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. … I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

g)    Col. 3:1-2: Since then you have bene raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God; set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

h)    Rev. 22:13: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

No comments: